FULL TIME SCHOOL NURSE:
In collaboration with the Building Principals, the School Nurse will contribute to the learning environment by overseeing the physical well-being of the students at Tatum Municipal Schools. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the overall health of students at TMS.
- Assist building office staff with phones, parent concerns, and temporary office duties when secretaries are away from the office.
- Lead the Child Find Services in coordination with Ancillary Service Providers.
- Provide medical support for the development of IEP's and 504 plans, including participation in IEP committee meetings.
- Provide medical consultation and advice to faculty, staff, administration and school trip sponsors to recognize dietary or health issues as appropriate.
- Advise the Policy Committee on medical issues.
- Maintain all student health records.
- Collect, secure, distribute, and document all applicable student medications on a daily basis.
- Maintain contact with parents regarding any medical issues that may arise.
- Coordinate with the Tatum Clinic to ensure all health physicals for student-athletes are submitted to Tatum Municipal School's athletic director or school secretary in a timely manner.
- Function as the School Wellness Coordinator and organize and chair annual wellness committee meetings.
- Comply with FERPA regulations regarding student medical data.
- Maintain data on student dietary needs and allergies and coordinate those needs and allergies with the food service staff.
- Review and ensure completeness of all student shot, medical, and allergy data submitted during enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in a school district as a health professional.
- Good Character and current background check.
- Reliable Schedule during the 156 instructional days comprising the Tatum Municipal School's Academic Calendar.
Contact Tatum Schools Administration office for more information.
will take place on July 29th
and July 30th
from 8am until 4pm. We are so excited to get school started back. Can't wait to see you there.
Tatum Elementary School would like to thank Urenco USA
and Tuff Hedeman Championship Bull Riding
for Presenting "Bill is NO Bully"
to Tatum Elementary Students. This program is aimed to help prevent and stop bullying in schools.
Tatum PTO Spirit Store - located in the Admin Building
We would like to Thank State Representative Bob Wooley and State Representative David Gallegos for spending time at Tatum Elementary teaching our 3rd graders about the State of New Mexico. We also appreciate their support of our 4th graders and their Volcano Demonstrations. Open the attached picture to get a good look.
Tatum Schools along with the NM Dept. of Health recommends 4 ways you and your family may keep from getting sick with the flu at school and at home: 1. Wash hands often or use hand sanitizers. 2. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. 3. If your child is sick - keep them home until at least 24 hours has passed since they've ran a fever of 100 degrees or more without taking fever reducing medication. 4. Get vaccinated for the flu. Tatum Schools will be offering flu vaccinations for all Tatum Students as soon as they become available.